Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

Signature Pieces

As I have said on many occasions, I think it is important to know your personal style. Some lucky people can pull off a number of styles and colours, but for others you really need to know what suits you and your personality. One of my friends has it easy. She looks good in just a bright t-shirt and jeans, with a few personal touches. The simplest things, yet so effective! It can be a bit harder though, and it may take time. (13 years in my case!) But now it's all sorted, I know exactly what to look for in a shop, and what will suit me before I have to take 2 or 3 trips to the changing rooms and get my friends to get me a different colour or size! My 'personal style' is to be a different to everyone else, take the trends, and alter them to how I like them. Like when everyone was wearing harem pants, and I opted for pink flowery ones!
       

A great way to kick start your personal style is to have one or two pieces that you wear on a regular basis, a kind of signature piece. They become part of you, and trust me, you can get quite attached to a piece of clothing.

My personal favourite. This is totally my little baby! Worn at every possible opportunity, I think (hope!) it has become something of an icon. Easily customized (my favourite thing to do) with a few badges (or 15 badges...) or brooches to make it your own. If this isn't your thing, then try a shrunken blazer instead, good for the cooler months.

Everyone has a favourite pair of shoes right? Even boys have their comfiest trainers! Invest in a pair that are practical, comfy and suit your personality. Shoes are the the base of a good look. The nicest ballgown in the world can be spoiled by a pair of trainers. The leather boots gave the rock chicks their edge, the fringed suede added style to the cowboys and platform shoes (!) MADE the 70s! (I really need to be stopped before I go off on a tangent.) So what shoes are for you?

Sorry about the long wait, hope you enjoyed it x
Jo x





                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment