Pages

Thursday 22 December 2011

Knitwear, For Now, Forever.

People have always needed knitwear. Ever since the loom was invented people have been using wool to keep warm. But I think that this year, more than ever, knitwear has really boomed. The jumpers that were seen as 'old-fashioned', 'grandma-ish' and 'boring' have come into their own. Everyone has at least one piece. The high street is full of them, and why not? My grandma made me a knitted cardigan 2 years ago, and I thought it ugly at the time. Not to mention that it was about 2 sizes too big as well! But this autumn, I can hardly stop wearing it! It fits, it's warm, it's comfy! And what's more, now they're fashionable! And I can totally see this trend popping up a few years along the line as well, then again and again and again...

New Look , £27.99. Cable knit is definitely my favourite way to style knitwear! It looks relaxed, retro and just adds a bit of something interesting to an otherwise plain cardigan. This one is just the thing for brunch with a mate or a relaxing day in.

Zara, £99.99. Okay, so it's a bit pricey, and I certainly won't be spending that on a cardigan, but isn't it just one of the most amazing things you've ever seen? It caught my eye on the website immediately, and if I had the money, I'd be wearing it right now!

New Look, £19.99. This is so cute eh? Perfect to layer over a blouse or to just throw on for a walk to the shops. What I also adore about this as well is that it will last into the summer months too. A total all-rounder. 

1 comment: